Gambling is nearly as old as humanity itself. Archaeologists have found evidence that gambling dates back to the Palaeolithic era, which predates the invention of writing. They have also found dice, gambling houses, lotto games, and dominoes that date back hundreds to thousands of years.
While William Hill has been around less than a century, it is still one of the most well-known bookmakers. The organization is publicly available on the London Stock Exchange and generates £1.6 billion in annual revenue, as of 2018. William Hill’s primary offices are in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, and Gibraltar, though its presence reaches worldwide.
- 1 What Is William Hill?
- 2 Betting Options at William Hill
- 3 Payment Methods/Fees/Limits
- 4 William Hill Promotions and Free Bet Code Offers
- 5 Licensing and Security
- 6 Contacting William Hill Customer Support
- 7 The Bottom Line
- 8 Related Bonus Code, New Customer Sign Up Offer & Promotions
What Is William Hill?
William Hill is a resource for bookmaking, betting, and online gambling in the UK. The site got its start in 1934 when gambling was still illegal in Great Britain. The company has continued to evolve from humble origins and offers slot machines, bingo, poker, sportsbooks, and skill games.
Despite headquarters in the UK, the company has the most significant sports betting presence in the United States. William Hill US operates 113 race and sportsbooks in Nevada alone. As the United States continues to legalize gambling on a state-by-state basis, the company regularly updates its presence in new locations.
No matter where gamblers live, though, they can access William Hill through online or mobile applications. That includes apps for iOS and Android devices. If you are interested in betting online or finding a William Hill free bet code, here is everything you need to know.
Betting Options at William Hill
William Hill appeals to people of all ages and inclinations. Whether patrons want to sit down and play hours of blackjack or join an occasional bingo game, the casino has them covered. Here are the primary betting options for William Hill’s visitors.
William Hill runs the gamut when it comes to online offerings. The site features 390 slot machines from top software designers, Playtech, as well as other industry leaders, such as Ash Gaming, IGT, NetEnt, and NextGent. That includes 63 progressive jackpots, which provide players with the opportunity to win hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars.
William Hill covers the classics, too. Visitors can find old-time favorites such as Monty Python’s Life of Brian and Age of Gods. Additionally, these gaming options each have secure banking, free play features, and live dealer interface. Users can also take advantage of more than 150 William Hill bonus codes.
In addition to slot machines, patrons can play video poker, roulette, blackjack, and keno. While the company aims for breadth, it also manages depth, too. For instance, there are 13 different roulette games, including Immersive Roulette, Mayfair Roulette, and Vegas Speed Roulette.
No matter what sport someone has in mind, there is a William Hill wager for it. The sportsbook covers happenings across the world, in addition to events like the Academy Awards, Grammys, and political elections. Some of the sports William Hill covers, include:
- American football
- Athletics, including track and field
- Horse racing
- Ice Hockey
- Motor racing
- Motorbike racing
William Hill is one of the largest sportsbooks in the United Kingdom. The company has maintained a positive balance for decades, despite several high-profile losses. Users can expect to find 350 plus sports and activities to bet on, including more than 60,000 soccer games annually.
The size of operation means gamblers have a great deal of flexibility. They can settle for traditional spread, under/over, and straight-up wagers, or select more ambitious outcomes like parlays. William Hill also offers bets for goal scoring, handicaps, and other props.
One of the distinctive features is the Cash in My Bet option. This move lets users cash out their bet for a fixed sum while the event is live. The odds for William Hill wagers are relatively competitive with other sportsbooks, and the interface easy to navigate.
Currently, most patrons in the United States have to place William Hill sports bets in person, though. If someone has never wagered before, the casino offers a How to Bet on Sports guide. Every patron needs a William Hill Rewards card to place wagers, too, which they can sign up for at the casino.
New users can often find a William Hill bonus code to boost the value of their first wager. For instance, people in New Jersey can use the William Hill promo code GETNJ150 for in-person, online, or mobile sportsbook bets. The casino will match 100 per cent of the first deposit up to $150.
Playtech is one of the largest gambling software companies and the inventor of the iPoker Network. Organizations, such as William Hill, which are in the iPoker Network, have access to some of the best software and interfaces in online gambling. Patrons reap the benefits in the form of significant prize money as well as tables for high rollers and small buy-ins alike.
William Hill poker games command £5 million in guarantees each month. That includes a loyal customer base as the iPoker Network is the largest of its kind. Newcomers can even find a generous William Hill promo code that will match initial deposits up to £1,200.
Poker options include everything from Hi-Lo to Texas Hold’em to Omaha to Seven Card Stud. Tables allow for a range of playing styles, including fixed-limit and no-limit poker. Typically, fixed-limit games go up to £600. Additionally, there are several prize pools with top pay-outs netting £150,000.
Bingo is rarely the first thing people think of when they hear the name William Hill. The casino does several bingo options, though, including 75 and 90 ball games. Players can enjoy vibrant graphics and playful sound effects courtesy of Playtech that makes the bingo experience more compelling.
Currently, William Hill offers 18 different bingo games. Users can select varieties based on the stakes, promotions, and whether they have a William Hill bonus code. Some of the most popular versions include Deal or No Deal Bingo and Bingo Lynx.
Patrons can enter three different lottery games at William Hill. These include the Irish Lotto, New York Lotto, and 49s games. Each has six and seven ball versions with the Irish and New York versions drawing on Wednesdays and Saturdays and 49s games pulling twice per day.
Players must select six numbers between one and 47 for each line they wish to enter into the lottery. A single line typically costs £2, and the minimum play is two lines. After a player picks their numbers and lines, they can enter any time before the close of the sales. Players earn prize money based on how many matching numbers they get.
For instance, if someone matches two numbers, they will earn £3. Match five balls, and they can make 3.22 per cent of the prize fund while five balls and the bonus ball net roughly £100,000. Hitting the jackpot, which requires accurately selecting every number, will yield a pot of at least £2 million.
New York Lotto
The New York version is almost identical to its Irish counterpart. The difference is that the pay-outs are in US dollars, and players must select numbers between one and 59. Participants can expect to pay $1 for every two lines. The current jackpot if $2.8 million.
49s is a twice-daily lottery that draws once at lunchtime and once at teatime based on UK customs. Players bet on one to five numbers from the 49 balls in the queue. An official will then select six or seven numbers, which players hope will match their selections.
No matter where patrons live or their deposit amounts, there are no fees associated with William Hill. The company requires a £5 minimum pay, though account balances depend on the payment source. For instance, if a patron uses a credit card provider, such as MasterCard and Visa, the limit is £10 to £250,000, as opposed to £5 to £10,000 for Nordea and Abaqoos.
Additionally, nearly all William Hill deposits come with instant withdraw. The exceptions are bank wire, which takes three to five days, and cheques, which take up to ten days. The only other transactional caveat is that users can’t withdraw money with UKash or Paysafecards. Here are lists of the acceptable forms of currencies and deposit methods at William Hill.
- US dollars
- British pound
- Canadian dollar
- Australia dollar
- Swedish krona
- Danish krone
- Swiss franc
- Japanese yen
- Singapore dollar
- Hong Kong dollar
Methods of Deposit and Withdrawal and Limits
- Visa (debit) (£10 to £250,000)
- MasterCard (£10 to £250,000)
- Maestro (£10 to £250,000)
- Laser (£5 to £2500,000)
- Neteller (£10 to £250,000)
- Moneybookers (£10 to £80,000)
- PayPal (£10 to £20,000)
- InstaDebit (£5 to £10,000)
- Click2Pay (£10 to £10,000)
- UKash (£10 to £500)
- Paysafecard (£5 to £10,000)
- Bank wire (£25 to £100,000)
- Cheque (£25 to £100,000)
- Quick cash (£10 to £5,000)
- Postal orders (£25 to £100,000)
- ClickandBuy (£5 to £10,000)
- Web money (£5 to £10,000)
- Prezelewy24 (£5 to £10,000)
- Sofortuberweisung (£5 to £10,000)
- Giropay (£5 to £10,000)
- Nordea (£5 to £10,000)
- Abaqoos (£5 to £10,000)
- iDeal (£5 to £10,000)
- ru (£5 to £10,000)
- POLi (£5 to £10,000)
- Euteller (£5 to £10,000)
- Speedcard (£5 to £10,000)
- Fundsend (£5 to £10,000)
- eKonto (£5 to £10,000)
- Boleto Bancario (£5 to £10,000)
- eWire (£5 to £10,000)
- EPS (£5 to £10,000)
- Multibanco (£5 to £10,000)
- Linea Abierta (£5 to £10,000)
- Bank Link (£5 to £10,000)
- Teleingreso (£5 to £10,000)
- Gluepay (£5 to £10,000)
- Cash U (£5 to £10,000)
- Mastercard (£5 to £10,000)
- UseMyBank (£5 to £10,000)
William Hill Promotions and Free Bet Code Offers
William Hill is an international casino that offers daily, monthly, and evergreen promos. To the best of our knowledge, these are long-term William Hill promotions. If customers have any questions, they can visit William Hill offers here.
- Buy £10, Get £10 Free: After placing an initial £10 bet, William Hill offers players two additional bets worth £10. These free wagers must have 1:2 odds or higher.
- Acca Five Insurance: William Hill offers a refund if patrons place five bets in the accumulator and lose one. The subsequent bet must have 1:5 or higher and can’t be live.
- Get 5 Free Every Week: If players place four or more selections in the accumulator worth at least £20, there is a William Hill free bet code for £5.
- 100 Percent up to £150: This first William Hill promotion is for people new to casino betting. William will match the initial deposit 100 per cent up to £150.
- 150 Percent up to £200: Even if someone has made an initial deposit, they can still take advantage of this William Hill promo code. The site offers a 150 per cent match on deposits up to £200.
- 75 Per cent up to £100: Users can take advantage of secondary William Hill offers. This one is for people who selected one of the previous two options. This third promotion matches a 75 per cent bonus on the second deposit of up to £100.
- High Roller Bonus: William Hill rewards those who invest a significant amount of money. If patrons put in £1,000 or more into their account, the site will add £300.
- Refer-a-Friend: Users can earn money if their friends create an account and deposit money—
£50 for every person that signs up to William Hill.
- 100 Percent Cashback: The casino offers Las Vegas-themed games. If a new player wagers £5 or more on one of these games, William Hill will reimburse them on their losses up to £20. This William Hill sign-up offer is good for the first 48 hours after the initial wager.
- Spend £5, Earn £15: If users put £5 into the buy-in box, William Hill will increase the bonus to £15. This William Hill sign-up offer is valid on Vegas slots.
Live Casino Promotions
- New Player Bonus: First-time players at a brick-and-mortar casino will earn a 50 per cent bonus up to £50 upon joining.
- Daily Blackjack Prize Draw: William Hill offers several blackjack options, including Mayfair, Macau, and Vegas venues. If a player sits down at one of these tables, they can enter a drawing with every £10 they wager. William Hill will split the £500 maximum pay-out between ten entrants.
- Weekly 10,000 Roulette Prize: Mayfair, Macau, and Vegas venues also feature William Hill promotions for roulette tables. Here, users can wager £2 on any number, which drops three, four, or five times in a row, and enter a grand prize pool. The prizes are as follows:
- If a player bets on a number to show up three times in a row, they can win £500
- If a player bets on a number to show up four times in a row, they can win £1,500
- If a player bets on a number to show up five times in a row, they can win £8,000
There is a William Hill sign up offer for any new poker player. The promotion features a three-tiered deposit bonus, which can net up to £1,200. The first stage has a 100 per cent clearance rate for the first £5 bonus while the second has a 50 per cent clearance for £25. The final tier has a ten per cent clearance for the remaining sum.
Additionally, new poker players also win complimentary electronics, such as Beats by Dre, an Xbox One, and a Google Nexus. William Hill automatically enrolls users in the Gifts Palooza. There are also 100 club points, which can be used to buy into Club Bankroll Builder events.
Other William Hill Bonus Code Offers
There is a William Hill bonus code for everything. For instance, if someone gets three sevens of the same suit during blackjack, they can win 20x their stake up to £1,000. There are also free spins and first deposit matches on games and scratch promotions.
There is a William Hill bonus code for the bingo players, too. Those who spend £10 on bingo tickets can receive £30 to £40 in bonus and £10 in all game bonus. New players will gain access to the Arrivals Lounge bingo room for free bingo and prize money up to £3,200.
Remember to check the expiration date for each William Hill bonus code. Many offers require application within a specific period as an incentive for players to sign up or play with William Hill. Offers can’t be transferred, and they have no cash value.
Licensing and Security
Even though the company operates out of London, William Hill has its license in Gibraltar. Gibraltar is a British territory on the southern tip of Spain that is known for its low tax rates and attractive incentives for gambling operators. Therefore, when it comes to regulation, the Gibraltar Gaming Commission, and not the United Kingdom Gambling Commission, oversees William Hill’s operations.
There are a couple of stipulations set forth to ensure William Hill protects consumer information. That includes a high-tech 128-bit SSL encryption system. Security measures like these minimize the chance of fraud, identity theft, or other potential illicit activities.
Furthermore, Gibraltar regularly tests William Hill products to verify that patrons have fair gameplay. One way to certify fairness is to have third parties analyze the number generating patterns of poker and slot games to see whether they are random. Additionally, William Hill must report monthly pay-outs to demonstrate responsible gambling practices.
Those in need of assistance can also reach out to William Hill to address potential or active gambling problems. The company links visitors with resources, such as the Responsible Gambling Trust, Gambling Therapy, and Gamblers Anonymous. These organizations can offer emotional support and advice necessary to move toward a healthier lifestyle & prevent you from casinos not yet covered with Gamstop.
Contacting William Hill Customer Support
According to its website, William Hill can support 600 calls at once. This capacity makes William Hill the largest betting customer support center in the United Kingdom. It is also a testament to the concerted emphasis it places on customer services and a reflection of how it has stayed in business for nearly a century.
William Hill operates approximately 2,300 betting shops across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. While there are hundreds of other locations around the world, these two countries alone take in more than one million betting slips per day. If there is an issue, question, or concerns, patrons can contact customer services online or in-person.
The customer service team serves more than 350,000 markets in 175 countries. William Hill addresses concerns across these various zones with six languages and 24-hour availability. Users can reach out to William Hill customer support by calling (855) 753-1200 or using the following email form.
Additional help is available in the company FAQ. It addresses some of the significant technical complications users may have, such as incorrect locations and registration errors.
The Bottom Line
William Hill is one of the largest and most well-respected names in the gambling universe. Their extensive history and wide range of offerings allow patrons to choose offerings that match their interests and budget. Whether a user is interested in playing video poker, card games, or betting on sports, they can rest assured knowing their money is secure and pay-outs are instantaneous.
There numerous ways to get started wagering on the site, thanks to William Hill bonus codes. Players can enjoy significant deposit matches, free spins, and other prizes. Make sure to check out some of the evergreen William bonus codes listed above, as well as the active promotions on their website.
Related Bonus Code, New Customer Sign Up Offer & Promotions
- Bet 365 Bonus Code, New Customer Sign Up Offer & Promotions
- Jackpotjoy Bonus Code, New Customer Sign Up Offer & Promotions
- Sky Bet Bonus Code, New Customer Sign Up Offer & Promotions
- Ladbrokes Bonus Code, New Customer Sign Up Offer & Promotions